- 1p - 7p Tuesday
- 10a - 5p Thursday
- 10a - 5p Saturday
- 10a - 5p Friday Jul-Aug only
The Island Library is part of the Whatcom County Library System (WCLS)
If you have a Library Card and use the Island Library, you are considered a member of FOIL.
- Provide a physical facility, support, and promote the purposes and activities of the Island Library and its community.
- Provide (owns) the Library building & Noble Barn and raise money to maintain the library property.
- Support library programs, encourage the use of library resources and services, and provide funds for and volunteers hours to special projects.
- Promote community awareness of libraries, advocate robust funding for Whatcom County Libraries, and support the freedom of individuals to read what they wish.
The FOIL Board of Directors meets bi-monthly on the second Monday of the month at 4pm in the Library Hanson Room.
Projects & Fundraisers
- Annual Used Book Sale at the Noble Barn fundraiser
- Annual Holiday Silent Auction fundraiser
- Additional fundraising events
Programs & Projects
- Presentations in the Main Library room (afterhours)
- Providing use of the Hanson Meeting Room
- Outdoor activities
- The Little Free Library at the Lummi Island Ferry dock building
- Provides a dedicated room in the Noble Barn as the permanent home of the LICA History Archives.
Updated: 2022/10/16 @ 6:06 pm Tark Henderson